- black channa or Rajma 1 cup
- 2 tsp oil
- ginger paste 1/2 tsp
- big onion 1 number finely cut
- tomato 1 number finely cut
- salad cucumber 1/2 finely cut
- red chilly powder as required
- chaat masala as required
- salt as required
- 1/2 lemon juice or tamarind extract equal quantity
- wash and soak black channa or rajma overnight
- As pressure cooker starts steaming turn the heat down to low medium and cook for about 15 minutes. Close the heat and wait until steam has stopped before opening the pressure cooker. Chana should be soft and tender.
- Drain the water and save it for later use, this water is high in protein and can be used for making the soup or dals.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium high heat. Add the chana, stir for few seconds.and switch off the gas
- Add other ingredients and mix well .